عنوان مقاله [English]
The aim of this study was to compare the effects of using different levels of royal jelly in semen extender on viatal characteristics of goat sperm after freezing. Semen was collected from four adult bucks twice a week and samples pooled together. Sperm samples (six repeats) containing royal jelly in four levels (0.5, 1, 1.5 and 2%) had been frozen. After semen samples freezing – were thawed and examined in terms of mobility, survival and integrity of the membrane. Average total motility and survival at 1% royal jelly were higher than other treatment and control groups (P<0.05). A significant difference in terms of linearity motility of sperm and plasma membrane integrity was not observed between the treated groups and control group. A significant reduction was observed in the rate of other parameters velocity in Diluent contain royal jelly with the control group (P<0.05). Therefore, the use of royal jelly in goat semen diluent can improve some sperm parameters after freezing process.
10. Bucak, M. N., Tuncer, P. B., Sarıozkan, S., Ulutas, P. A., Coyan, K., Baspınar, N. & Ozkalp, B. (2009). Effects of hypotaurine, cysteamine and aminoacids solution on post-thaw microscopic and oxidative stress parameters of Angora goat semen. Research in Veterinary Science, 87, 468-472.
11. Elnagar, S. A. (2010). Royal jelly counteracts bucks summer infertility. Animal Reproduction Scienc, 121, 174-180.
13. Ghanbari, E., Nejati, V., Najafi, G. H., Khazaei, M. & Babaei, M. (2015). Study on The Effect of Royal Jelly on Reproductive Parameters in Streptozotocin-Induced Diabetic Rats. Fertility and Sterility, 9, 113-120.
14. Ijaz, A., Hussain, A., Aleem, M., Yousaf M.S. & Rehman H. (2009). Butylated hydroxytoluene inclusion in semen extender improves the postthawed semen quality of Nili-ravi buffalo. Theriogenology, 71, 1326-1329.
15. Kamakura, M., Mitani, N., Fukuda, T. & Fukushima, M. (2001). Antifatigue effect of fresh royal Jelly in mice. Nutritional Science and Vitaminology, 47, 394-401.
16. Kodai, T., Umebayashi, K. & Nakatani, T. (2007). Compositions of royal jelly II. Chemical and Pharmaceutical Bulletin, 55, 1528-31.
17. Kohno, K., Okamoto, I., Sano, O., Arai, N., Iwaki, K. & Ikeda, M. (2004). Royal jelly inhibits the production of proinflammatory cytokines by activated macrophages. Bioscience, Biotechnology and Biochemistry, 68, 138-145.
18. Leboeuf, B., Restall, B. & Salamon, S. (2000). Production and storage of goat semen for artificial insemination. Animal Reproduction Science, 62, 113-141.
19. Macchiaa, G., Topob, E., Manganoc, N., Aniellob, E. D. & Bonia, R. (2010). dl-Aspartic acid administration improves semen quality in rabbit bucks. Animal Reproduction Science, 118, 337-343.
20. Moradi, A. R., Malekinejadb, H., Farrokhi-Ardabilia, F. & Bernousic I. (2013). Royal Jelly improves the sperm parameters of ram semen during liquid storage and serves as an antioxidant source. Small Ruminant Research, 113, 346–352.
21. Naijiana, H. R., Kohrama, H., Zare Shahneha, A. & Sharafia, M. (2013). Effects of various concentrations of BSA on microscopic and oxidative parameters of Mahabadi goat semen following the freeze–thaw process. Small Ruminant Research, 113, 371-375
22. Sarıozkan, S., Bucak, MN., Tuncer, P.B., Buyukleblebici, S. & Canturk, F. (2014). Influence of various antioxidants added to TCM-199 on post-thaw bovine sperm parameters, DNA integrity and fertilizing ability. Cryobiology, 68, 129-133.
23. Tamura, S., Kono, T., Harada, C., Yamaguchi, K. & Moriyama, T. (2009). Estimation and characterisation of major royal jelly proteins obtained from the honeybee Apis merifera. Food Chemistry, 114, 1491-1497.
24. Trimeche, A., Yvon, J. M., Vidament, M., Palmer, E. & Magistrini, M. (1999). Effects of glutamine, proline, histidine and betaine on post-thaw motility of stallion spermatozoa. Theriogenology, 52, 181-191.